Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Green Monsters in the Morning

Since first introduced to green monsters (not the overly sucrosed, caffeinated drink), I've been drinking them every morning and felt absolutely amazing! It's the smoothie that Popeye would endorse. Ok what it has in it:
- 2 large handfuls of organic spinach
- 1/2 organic apple
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp of almond butter
-1/2 cup of Almond Breeze almond milk
- 1 spoonful of Jarrow rice protein
- 1 serving of Jarrow green defense
- 4-5 ice cubes

Blend well and drink! It only takes about 4-5 minutes to prepare and it is delicious! Trust me, you'll be surprised by how good it is. Sometimes I will put in 1 or 2 tsp of Agave Nectar if I want something more sweet. It's important to use organics for the spinach and apple since they typically carry the most pesticides. Banana has one of the least amounts of pesticides so save your money on that purchase. Not that bananas are that expensive in general. Hope you will try it! Enjoy!!!